Student Quick Start Guide
Respondus LockDown Browser®
BLACKBOARD LEARN EDITION
WHAT IS RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER?
LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking tests in Blackboard Learn. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If a Blackboard test requires that LockDown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the test with a standard web browser.
LockDown Browser should only be used for taking Blackboard tests. It should not be used in other areas of Blackboard.◊
INSTALLING LOCKDOWN BROWSER
Koç University has a unique URL for the installer. LockDown Browser must be installed to each computer (Windows or Mac) being used to take a test.
- This download link is unique for Koç University and can be used by students
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install.
TAKING A TEST
- Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
- Locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it (For Mac users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder).
- If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) by choosing Yes. Or, close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Navigate to the test within the course and select Begin Exam.
- The test will then start (Note, once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit button is clicked).
If you have problems downloading, installing, or taking an assessment with Respondus LockDown Browser, contact your instructor or send an email to email@example.com.
An overview for students (video: 2 minutes)
Respondus and LockDown Browser are registered trademarks of Respondus, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2019 Respondus.