What are Zoom breakout rooms?
Breakout rooms allow you to split your Zoom meeting in up to 50 separate sessions. You can choose to split the students into these separate sessions automatically or manually, or you can allow students to select and enter breakout sessions as they please. They are a great option for group work and small peer-to-peer discussions. You can learn how to use the breakout rooms here.
- You can save time from your synchronous course. Please find tips on pre-assignment here.
Can I participate in all the rooms at the same time?
- No, it is not possible.
- Planning the instructions, materials and student roles for each group work will provide a more efficient learning environment. Sharing the preliminary information about a planned Breakout rooms study with students on BlackBoard in advance will help students get ready for the lesson.
Can students use the Zoom features in rooms?
- Students in the rooms can use the audio, video, chat, and screen sharing features. Chat section can be used very actively in these studies. It will also be useful to use Google educational apps (Google docs) for students’ collaboration.
Are activities in the rooms recorded?
- No, only the main room can be recorded.
Can I create rooms with app?
- It is possible to join these rooms with the application from mobile devices, but it is not possible to create a room.
Note: You can request one-on-one consultancy or use our online support pages to get support for Zoom.